Are You Having A Hard Time Getting Rid Of Ants In Los Angeles County?
April 15, 2023
Ants can be some of the most annoying pests to invade your home. They may be small, but that doesn't stop them from causing a lot of damage to your property. If you are finding it especially difficult to eliminate the ants from your home, don't worry, Admiral Pest Control is here to help. We have been providing comprehensive pest control in Los Angeles County for more than 75 years. We not only understand the unique challenges that come with total ant control, but we have the experience and knowledge to take care of infestations completely.
Common Species Of Home-Invading Ants In Los Angeles County
Los Angeles County is home to a wide range of ant species. Here is a look at some of the different types of ants that you are most likely to see in your home:
- Carpenter ants typically have black bodies, but sometimes they're red. Some people mistake these ants for termites. The mistake is understandable given that, like termites, carpenter ants also tunnel into wood and can cause property damage to your home.
- Little black ants have small, black bodies that only measure about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch long. These are the most common types of ants to find in Los Angeles County homes during the summer. The little black ant is not picky when it comes to food and will eat almost anything, including fruits, vegetables, and even grease.
- Pavement ants get their name because they commonly inhabit cracks in sidewalks and other paved areas. However, they can also be found inside homes and will build colonies in the insulation between walls.
- Argentine ants are usually outdoors, hanging around gardens or fruit trees. However, if they sense an available food source inside your home, they will do their best to come inside.
Because ants like to travel in large groups, if you see one ant in your home, there is a good chance that many more are hiding in various places.
The Many Problems Ants Can Cause In Your Home
Even though ants are not big, they can pick up a lot of bacteria and viruses from the various surfaces they walk across, then contaminate the surfaces in your home, passing those pathogens on to you. Some of the illnesses that they can spread to people include:
- E. coli infection
- Streptococcus infection
- Staph infection
Like other ants, carpenter ants can also spread bacteria to you and your family, but the real threat that this species poses is to your home. They will chew through the structural wood in your house as they build their nests, causing extensive damage.
What Is Attracting Ants To My Property?
Ants need food, shelter, and water to survive. Some of the things that could be attracting ants to your home include the following:
- Leaky faucets, pipes, or standing water around your home
- Outdoor trash cans that are open or don't have a lid
- Dog or cat food left out in the open
- Open food containers left on counters
Ants are attracted to almost any type of food, but they especially like sweets. It's a good idea to keep all food in airtight containers in your home.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your House
It can be extremely difficult to get rid of ants in your Los Angeles County home. However, the quicker you take action, the better your chances are for a positive outcome.
At Admiral Pest Control, we understand that every situation is different. There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to professional home pest control for ants. That's why we take the time to thoroughly inspect your property and devise a comprehensive plan to eliminate all of the ants. Call us today and ask about our same-day service!